Before we get into the nitty gritty of windows 10 password reset and the how to – methods for password recovery solutions for windows 10, here is a little bit of intro to windows 10 OS that is to be released soon from Microsoft.
Read below how to recover from lost or forgotten password on your windows pc or laptop , the technical preview of windows 10 , release dates and features of this new and upcoming windows version from the last windows 8 version that was released.
Sign up for a technical preview for windows 10 over here or Download the win 10 ISO at the given link
Release date News or Technical preview for windows 10
Windows 10 Technical Preview which is a limited-time use beta release for software and hardware makers and testers. This version of Windows 10 was made available on October 1, 2014 and is continually updated.
While no official release date has been announced by Microsoft, Windows 10 is rumoured to be released sometime in Q4 2015, possibly in October.
Windows 10 vs Windows 8
The single most important addition to Windows 10 is the return of the Start Menu, particularly for regular desktop and non-touchscreen users. The full screen Start Screen of Windows 8 never made sense when using a mouse and keyboard and thankfully Microsoft has addressed this
Cortana, Microsoft’s personal assistant similar to Apple’s Siri or Google Now, will also be available as a core part of Windows 10, even on desktop computers.
Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 owners for the first full year after the release of Windows 10.
Below are three methods that will get you back into your windows10 computer or laptop if your pc is locked and you have forgotten or lost your password and cant get in.
You have most probably come here looking for one of these
Windows 10 password recovery solution
Reset my Windows 10 password
Forgot computer administrator password
Lost my windows 10 laptop password login
3 Password recovery solutions for windows 10
The first method is the easiest but paid method and includes a custom software that does the job much easily than any other method.
The 2nd method is and easy method as well but this is only possible if you have a recovery disk already made.
The third method takes a little bit of technical know how to make it work but its completely free if you can manage to pull of all the steps.
(Using custom made software)
Windows 10 – The EASY METHOD for Reset of password .[Paid software]
1. Browse or download password software here
2. Make the Reset USB stick or Disc with software
3.Restart/reboot your PC or laptop and follow instructions to recover access( 5 to 10mins work)
The software available on this website is customised for this purpose and made specifically to do this recovery task easily.
This paid software reset can be used to reset most other versions of Microsoft windows operating system like
- Reset Windows 7 / 8 administrator password ( including 8.1)
- Windows Vista OR XP Professional
- and also works on Windows Xp and other versions with some hacks in method ( contact me if you want specific version details)
(Using a password reset disc)
How to log on to the computer by using a password reset disk(Official Microsoft method)
If you forget your password, you can log on to the computer by using a new password that you create by using the Password Reset Wizard and your password reset disk. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On the Windows XP logon screen, click the user name that you want to use. The Type your password box appears. Press ENTER or click the right-arrow button. You receive the following error message:
Did you forget your password?
You can click the “?” button to see your password hint.
Or you can use your password reset disk.
Please type your password again.
Be sure to use the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.
2. Click use your password reset disk. The Password Reset Wizard starts. The Password Reset Wizard permits you to create a new password for your user account.
3. Click Next.
4. Insert the password reset disk into drive A, and then click Next.
5. Type a new password in the Type a new password box.
6. Type the same password in the Type the password again to confirm box.
7. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint to remind you of your password if you forget the new password.
Note This hint is visible to anyone who tries to log on to the computer by using your user account.
8. Click Next, and then click Finish. The Password Reset Wizard quits, and you return to the Windows XP logon screen.
Note The password reset disk is automatically updated with the new password information. You do not have to create a new password reset disk.
9. Type your new password in the Type your password box, and then click the right-arrow button to log on to the computer.
(The free method using dos and command prompt)
Don’t panic! I will show you this free way to recover your windows 10 password and this method can also be used in windows 8.1, windows 7 and other recent Microsoft Operating system windows versions
Microsoft login or Hotmail login to computer
If you happened to use a Microsoft email login /password to login into your computer then the reset disk software wont be able to help you and you will instead need to recover your email or Microsoft account password using Microsoft’s online forms.
You can recover Microsoft email and account login password by going here https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx and Microsoft will send you a password reset link to your alternate email address or to your phone as you have set it up.
If you are signing in to your Windows 10 computer with a local account you can use the free method below to reset your password.
The beauty of this method for resetting is that irrespective of you having a Microsoft login or local login to your pc, you can still set/reset a new local password to your computer with this method.
Free Method for resetting via command prompt and DOS
Following the steps below to reset a Windows 10 password: [FREE METHOD]
- Insert your Windows 8 boot DVD or boot flash drive, turn on the computer, and wait until you see the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD. Follow the instructions precisely and press any key
- Windows 8 Setup will tell you to configure your language settings. Press SHIFT+F10 to open a command prompt.
- Type copy d:\windows\system32\sethc.exe d:\. (Note: check to find the specified path if errors crop up here, you probably have an unusual drive configuration. Replace “d:” with another letter after you find it out.)
- Type copy /y d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\sethc.exe. This replaces the Sticky Keys app on your Windows 8 machine with the command prompt. More later about this.
- Close the other Language setup windows by clicking the X in the upper right corner and then click to cancel the Windows installation.
- The Windows 8 Lock Screen will appear.
- Hit the SHIFT key five times. We have replaced the Sticky Keys app. You can now see the command prompt.
- Type net user. This will produce a list of user names on the Windows 8 computer.
- Choose the user name for which you want to reset the password and type net useruser_name new_password, where user_name has to be replaced with your user name and new_password ( write down your newly set password for now)
- WOHOOO! You have just reset your Windows 8/10 password. Close the command prompt and log on with the new password that you just set
You might want to restore the Sticky Keys app (sethc.exe). For this, you have to follow the procedure above again until
step 2 and use this command in step 6 step 7 : copy /y d:\sethc.exe d:\windows\system32\sethc.exe.
This method might be a little overwhelming for some users and I would suggest that you use the Reset password pro software if this is not your cup of tea and want a quick and easy password reset.
More trivia of windows 10
There will also be support for cross-platform gaming on the new windows10, so that PC and Xbox gamers can play together. It remains to be seen how practical this will be, given how mouse and keyboard tends to be considered a big advantage in many games compared to a controller but it’s a very neat feature.
Windows 10 Editions
Rumor has it that Windows 10 will be available in three editions:
· Windows 10 (for inexpensive tablets; possibly called Windows 10 RT)
· Windows 10 (for traditional PCs)
· Windows 10 Enterprise
Other helpful technical links for window’s 10
How to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode -If you run in to problems with your PC or need to troubleshoot hardware problems, there’s a very good chance that you’ll want to use “Safe Mode”. This boots Windows 10 using minimal drivers and services, plus it prevents any of the usual startup applications from loading.
Incoming search terms: